It can be challenging for parents to keep up with the fast paced innovations in teen communication. Not only do parents have to deal with instant messaging, texting and Facebook but mobile chat services such as WeChat, Vine Flickr, Instagram, and Snapchat are becoming popular among teenagers.
Ms. Berman-Dry’s presentation will help parents:
• Learn why mobile devices are different from computers.
• Explore different approaches to internet management.
• Learn specific tools for management.
• Understand parental controls and how kids get around them.
• Develop resources for adapting the plan as your child matures.
Alecia Berman-Dry is the Director of Academic Technology and teaches technology classes for grades K-6 at St. John’s Episcopal School. She has given presentations on social Media and Internet Safety and Technology at many local and national conferences. She was awarded the Shirley J. Lowrie excellence in teaching award in 2010 and was recently featured in the educational journal called Learning and Leading with Technology.
Wednesday, April 30
• Registration begins at 6:30 pm.
• Registration: www.yfsparentsspring2014.eventbrite.com
• $15/person, $25/couple.
Reasonable disability accommodations available upon request. Please contact Pam Mintz at (301) 593-1160 by April 18.
[gravityform id=”1″ name=”Contact”]