Community Development programs provide academic-focused after-school care for children, and intensive homework help, and mentoring for teens. Our staff assist students with homework, lead enrichment activities, social skills development, and facilitate a variety of recreational activities.
Unique YFS programs:
- Common Ground: collaborative arts-based peer-peer learning initiatives for middle school students.
- Community Connections: leadership, education, community service, and enrichment for high school students.
- Man 2 Man: All male peer-peer mentoring for young men of color in high risk communities.
- YMCA Youth & Government: encouraging high school involvement in the legislative process.
Our community locations:
- Albert Einstein High School- Wheaton, MD
- Rosemary Hills/ Lyttonsville- Bethesda & Silver Spring, MD
- Northwest Park Apartments- Silver Spring, MD*
- Nob Hill Apartments- Silver Spring, MD*
- Carroll Avenue & Quebec Terrace Apartments- Silver Spring, MD*
*These sites also offer adult support groups, parenting classes, case management, and food distribution.